2 cups low protein All Purpose Flour (00, White Lily, etc)
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup super fine sugar
4 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter
2 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup heavy cream
¼ cup dried blueberries or currants (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and sugar. Using a pastry cutter, cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in currants.
- In a small bowl combine cream and egg. Mix well.
- Using a spatula, stir liquids into flour mix until it forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured board, roll out and cut with a biscuit cutter or floured glass.
- Bake until golden brown,12-15 minutes.